Friday, August 2, 2013

Altered Alarm Clock

Hello Crafty Friends ,
I have been a little ill lately and because of that I am a little heartbroken too , I wanted to apply for my favorite Lindy's DT call  but the night I was suppose to write the post , I got ill with vomits all over and it was the last day to apply .
A special thanks to Riti { our lovely video DT queen } who actually forced me to this extent , that I revived and revamped my whole blog . My blog was stangnant from past few months .

Todays project is really important and special to me , as I have never worked for three days on a single project . I am a very impatient person , but this one I had to do with patience .
This project has so much from our store that you will definitely be tempted to dent your pocket right away .
I have altered an alarm clock using lots of Mixed Media techniques and other paper crafting techniques .
You all must be aware by now , How much I love working on 3d projects .
This is by far my most precious project as it literally squeezed away all my energy .
I am first posting a picture of how it looked before and then after .

I am entering this into Lindy's August Challenge 

Colors which have been used are

Tibetan Poppy Teal 
Silent Night 
Jack in Pulpit Teal 
Jazzy Jivin Purple 
Grab a Guy Gold
Cosmopolitian Pink 







The above picture has me and my clock ! I know I look like a scary version of Micky Mouse . 
I had no idea when I started , how will I alter it . 
 The chain of pictures below show how it turned into after  I altered it . 
I have used my recent loved products called Lindys Stamp Gang Mists . This company has taken my heart away . I just love the results { END} given by these . 
I have used Divine Prima line for the banners . 
The tiles inside is made by using the Divine Prima Pad line again . 
The frame has been cut by a Cherry Lynn Die called Mirror 
I have used loads of Mulberry flowers from our store . 
To make the texture I have used Gesso , Modelling Paste and Mod Podge . 
Crafters Workshop Templates called  - Bricks , Frames have also been used . 
Score Board - Martha Stewart and Trimmer by tonic has been used . 
All the trimming part has been done by my Tonic Scissors . 
Distress inks colors used - Vintage Photo , Gathered Twigs . 
I have used swivel Clasps by Tim Holtz for few hangings { you can see if you look carefully inside } 

I hope I have done justice to this clock . Please do leave some love










Hugs
Mallika  - 

12 comments:

  1. Fabolus, amazing, its superb mallika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your craft totally a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your craft totally a fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning! Such a gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey nice to see your photo too , the work is stunning as always !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work. I hope you are feeling better, and I can understand your disappointment at missing the DT call, make sure you try again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your disappointment, for although I have entered, I have not been chosen...better luck for both of us next time??? You're clock is an absolute beauty! Love how you have dressed the outside and all the added elements on the inside...wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful. You have a unique way of embellishing. I just loved it. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for those kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation fabulous design and lovely use of colors.you are indeed a very good crafter,do visit my blog and share me with your views.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So detailed!! loved this altered clock !

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !