Sunday, July 28, 2013

Use your Scraps with Mod podge ! - A tutorial

Hello Folks ,
This is Mallika here .
Today I  am here to share  a  tutorial on how to use your scraps with mod podge .
My scrap shelf is filling day by day with loads bits of paper and I had no idea how to finish them off . Its heartbreaking to throw them away .
I decided to make a decor piggy bank with it using Mod Podge .
Now I will start with step by step instruction .
It is divided in two parts .


Part 1 - Making the base 

What  basic stuff you need ?
  1. Mod podge - Matt / Glossy Finish  { I am using matt } 
  2. Paint Brush 
  3. Scraps of Paper 
  4. Scissor 
  5. Heat Gun { Ranger } 
  6. Tweezer 









Step 1 - 
Chop your scraps randomly , it will look like confetti in huge size . 


Step 2 - 
Take  any base , It can be a box , plate , organizer any thing for that matter which you want to alter . 
I have taken a base of my mdf Piggy Bank . 


Step 3 - 
Start applying modpodge with help of your Paint brush on small portion of base . 


Step 4 -
After applying mod podge , start applying the bits of paper randomly with modpodge . Mod Podge acts as a wonderful sealant . 


Keep on applying randomly , making sure there is no mdf base peeping . 

Step 5  - 
For the base , I wanted to give a look of grass . I selected my green colored scarps and followed the same steps above . 



Please don't worry about the neatness , as once it dries the whole effect is beautiful . 

Step 6 - 
Take a big piece of paper and apply to the walls . Dont forget to modpodge it . 




Step 7 - 
Take your heat gun and make it dry . You can leave it for natural air dry too . I am one person with almost nil patience . 







Part 2 - Decorating the Base 

This part totally depends upon the supplies which you have . 
I will mention here the supplies which  have used to finish this wonderful piece . 

  1. MS Doily Lace Punch 
  2. Chateau Gate by Heart felt Creation 
  3. Distress Inks -  Vintage Photo , walnut stain , Wild Honey , Frayed Burlap 
  4. Laces from my stash 
  5. Mulberry Flower
In this tutorial my main focus was to give you all an easy idea on how to use your scraps . The embellishing of the item totally depends on the way you want to do it . Sky is the Limit . 

You can even write in the comment section below . 

Regards
Mallika 

2 comments:

We would love to hear from you !